Every year Variety magazine drops it’s list of comedians they want us to look out for. Like other year’s they have returned with it’s announcement in a new feature. Amongst those announced, one time co-stars Jermaine Fowler and Roy Wood Jr. are highlighted as some of the comics. Here’s their full list of those selected and what they’ve been up to over the last few years.
- James Adomian and Anthony Atamanuik, co-creators and stars of “Trump Vs. Bernie,” currently in the midst of a 40-city tour and an upcoming album. Adomian has been seen on “Comedy Bang Bang” and “Children’s Hospital,” while Atamanuik has appeared on “30 Rock” and “Broad City.”
- Vlad Caamano, who recently wrote and stars in a pilot for Bill Lawrence. He has been seen recently on “Adam DeVine’s House Party” on Comedy Central and on “Gotham Comedy Live.”
- Ronny Chieng, currently appearing on “The Daily Show With Trevor Noah,” his most current stand-up specials are “Chieng Reaction” and “You Don’t Know What You’re Talking About.” He has opened for Dave Chappelle and Bill Burr and sold out comedy tours at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and the Sydney Opera House.
- Cameron Esposito, seen on such shows as “Maron” and “@midnight,” she will be seen in the upcoming films “Operator,” “First Girl I Loved,” and “Sleight.” Her show “Take My Wife” and special “Marriage Material” will air on Seeso. She is currently working on a scripted show for FX and her first book, to be published by Grand Central Publishing.
- Jermaine Fowler, soon to be seen in HBO’s “Crashing” from Judd Apatow and Pete Holmes, and the star and producer of CBS’s “Superior Donuts,” which is currently being re-piloted for midseason consideration. He’s appeared on “Guy Code” and “Friends of the People,” which he also produced.
- Lauren Lapkus, who appeared in standout roles in “Jurassic World” and “Orange Is the New Black” and will be seen in HBO’s “Crashing.” She hosts the popular Earwolf podcast “With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus” and frequently appears on the “Comedy Bang! Bang!” podcast with Scott Aukerman.
- Aparna Nancherla, who has opened for John Oliver and Tig Notaro. A former staff writer for “Late Night With Seth Meyers,” she has been seen on “Inside Amy Schumer” and Apatow’s “Love.” She hosts the podcast “Blue Woman Group” with Jacqueline Novak.
- Lilly Singh, the subject of the documentary “A Trip to Unicorn Island” and soon to be seen in “Bad Moms.” With over 1 billion views on her YouTube channel, she was named one of Time Magazine’s “30 Most Influential People on the Internet.”
- Granger Smith, a country music chart-topper whose comedic alter-ego, Earl Dibbles Jr., has generated over 32 million views on YouTube. Earl Dibbles is one of many characters in Smith’s growing comedy repertoire.
- Roy Wood Jr., a regular on “The Daily Show With Trevor Noah” who has appeared on “Conan,” “Def Comedy Jam” and was a finalist on “Last Comic Standing.” His albums include “Things I Think, I Think” and “My Momma Made Me Wear This.”
The post Variety Names Their 10 Comics To Watch In 2016, Jermaine Fowler & Roy Wood Jr. Amongst Group appeared first on ComedyHype.Com | Comedy ReFueled.
ComedyHype.Com | Comedy ReFueled
The post Variety Names Their 10 Comics To Watch In 2016, Jermaine Fowler & Roy Wood Jr. Amongst Group appeared first on Hip Hop Illustrated.